db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Erroneous "Cannot write to log" exception?
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2005 18:09:46 GMT
The log should not "get full" if there is room on the file system
where it resides.  This error may result if other errors have
occurred which derby have determined to so severe that the system
needs to be shut down without allowing any more logging activity -
to insure that restart recovery will bring the system back to
a consistent state.  In such a case there will be more information
in the derby.log file about the other errors.