db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Barnet Wagman <b.wag...@comcast.net>
Subject Erroneous "Cannot write to log" exception?
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:14:50 GMT
Can a log fill if the disk it's on is not full?

On a couple of occasions, I got the exception

    SQL Exception: Cannot write to the log, most likely the log is
    full.  Please delete unnecessary files.  It is also possible that
    the file system is read only, or the disk has failed, or some other
    problems with the media.

The filesystem where Derby resides is definitely not full or read only.
This occurred during shutdown of my app, although I cannot tell whether
it happened before, during or after my
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:;shutdown=true") call.  It does
not occur consistently and I haven't found a way to force it to occur.

Thanks,

bw