db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Creating That First Cat (Hibernate + Derby)
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 19:56:41 GMT
acemccloudxx@comcast.net wrote:

>I read through the introductions to Derby and Hibernate and, after much scratching of
the head, some finagling and a bit of trial and error, I managed to figure out how to run
the first Cat example in chapter 1 of the Hibernate manual.

>It's not quite as easy as the Derby and Hibernate manuals might have one believe.
>
>I'm prepared to write up some step-by-step instructions on what I did and why for the
benefit of future newbies. Of course, I only want to do it if there's someplace for it to
go (and a format) and there's a general agreement that it would be useful.

That would be excellent! And, if you like, it could go on the papers tab
here:

http://incubator.apache.org/derby/papers/index.html

Click on the "Integration" category in the left-hand menu. (A separate
post proposes splitting that Integration category out into its own tab.)
I've been listing detailed write-ups on the menu, on the index page, and
also on the summary page at
http://incubator.apache.org/derby/papers/misc.html .

As for format, there are suggestions at the bottom of
http://incubator.apache.org/derby/papers/index.html .

 -jean