db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Sriram N <sriramx_2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to invoke methods of Blob interface
Date Sat, 19 Feb 2005 09:32:18 GMT

--- Mithun Ruikar <mithunruikar@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello ,
>
> Barnet Wagman replied me , to use setBinaryStream method of Blob interface.
> But How can I instantiate Blob object , as it is interface and I dont know
> it's implemetation ?

I believe you should not instantiate a Blob object. Blob is an interface, and
it should be an object that knows how to connect to the underlying data and
present it to the client programmer.

Since you wish to write an Object to the database, please see if the setBytes()
method of the PreparedStatement class meets your needs.