db-derby-user mailing list archives

From acemcclou...@comcast.net
Subject Creating That First Cat (Hibernate + Derby)
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 18:33:26 GMT
I read through the introductions to Derby and Hibernate and, after much scratching of the head,
some finagling and a bit of trial and error, I managed to figure out how to run the first
Cat example in chapter 1 of the Hibernate manual.

It's not quite as easy as the Derby and Hibernate manuals might have one believe.

I'm prepared to write up some step-by-step instructions on what I did and why for the benefit
of future newbies. Of course, I only want to do it if there's someplace for it to go (and
a format) and there's a general agreement that it would be useful.

View raw message