db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Eric Miller" <jemil...@uchicago.edu>
Subject JDBC driver error codes documentation, where?
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 21:59:34 GMT
Does anyone know where the error codes are listed for the JDBC driver?

The following is the error I get in ij if I accidentally use double quotes
instead of single quotes. Why oh why doesn't IBM's JDBC driver print
intelligible error messages? I can live with it as long as there is
documentation somewhere that maps the error codes into descriptive text,
but, where is it?

Any news on IBM turning over the source code for the JDBC driver?

ij> INSERT INTO Item (name) VALUES ("Panasonic DVD Player");
ERROR 42X04: DB2 SQL error: SQLCODE: -1, SQLSTATE: 42X04, SQLERRMC:
Panasonic DV
D Player¶42X04

ij> INSERT INTO Item (name) VALUES ('Panasonic DVD Player');
1 row inserted/updated/deleted

Jon