db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Eric Miller" <jemil...@uchicago.edu>
Subject Memory leak in JDBC driver for network server?
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 04:42:02 GMT
Has anyone else noticed that the JDBC driver for the network server uses up
a lot of memory? I have an application which uses Hibernate that I've tested
with Derby, MySQL, and SQL Server using Inetsoftware's JDBC driver. The
application is a batch application which loads a table with 25,000 rows.
When using MySQL or SQL Server, the application uses about 45 MB RAM. When I
use Derby, it uses about 145 MB RAM. It also uses a lot more CPU when using
Derby (Note, the client is a separate computer from where the database
servers are).

Jon