db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dave Been <b...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Data Synchronization between DB2and Derby!
Date Sat, 22 Jan 2005 14:59:49 GMT
Please forgive me, but I cannot pass up this opportunity  ....  hope no
one minds.

IBM DB2 Everyplace has supported Cloudscape as a synchronization client on
Cloudscape version 4, version 5, and Derby Version 10 for some time (well,
Derby only recently :)   Source databases may be DB2 UDB, Sybase, Oracle,
Cloudscape,  ...

        http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/db2/everyplace/

Cloudscape client features include:
        Cloudscape client is 100% pure java, utilizing JDBC.
        Supports concurrent users during SYNC operation.
        Intial Refresh uses the SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_BULK_INSERT  VTI command
to boost performance by 800% (over row at a time inserts).
        Source database may also be Cloudscape
        HTTPS for over the wire encryption
        Cloudscape's built in database encryption for on "device" database
security (Cloudscape feature).
        Supports a large number of languages

DB2 Everyplace Sync Server may be run in Tomcat or Websphere (which
provides support for clustering, load balancing and high availability).

Dave Been, DB2 Everyplace

Gaurav Anand <gauravanand80@gmail.com>
01/22/2005 04:36 AM
Please respond to
"Derby Discussion"

derby-user@db.apache.org
cc

Subject
Data Synchronization between DB2and Derby!

If you have ever abandoned Derby to be used as a remote client
database only because you find difficult to synchronize data with DB2,
may be this one can help.

Open source data replication tool for data synchronization between DB2
and Derby, is certainly interesting that I have discovered. Check:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/daffodilreplica/

Is there any other that you know?

regards,
Gaurav