db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rajesh Kartha <kar...@Source-Zone.Org>
Subject Re: Cannot connect netbeans 4.0 to derby db
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2005 01:36:06 GMT
Hi Glen,

If you are using the Embedded mode, please check the Java system
property  "derby.system.home" (on command line -Dderby.system.home).
That should point to the same directory, where the databases were
created. You can set this property like any other Java system properties
using the
'-D' option.

In case of network server you can use this same option while starting:

java -Dderby.system.home=c:\temp
org.apache.derby.drda.NetworkServerControl start

in case of the above example, all the databases created will be residing
under 'c:\temp.'

Send a mail to the list, should you come across any issues.

-Rajesh