db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Neumann <t.neum...@olympus-labautomation.com>
Subject Cannot connect a second time to an embedded Cloudscape/Derby DB (2)
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2005 09:20:01 GMT
Hello,

since I had problems with our local mailer daemon to confirm my
subscription to the derby mailing list I do not know if this mail was
send to the other list members. So this actually the second trial to
send this mail. Sorry for any inconvenience if you have received this
mail twice.

I have a problem with the embedded Cloudscape/Derby version on Windows
in my maven build script. This build script uses the maven hibernate
plug in to create the dbms. The connection URL for the db is
jdbc:derby:db/derby/dmstest;create=true
This works fine. Afterwards when the schema creation is finished in a
second step unit tests should run on this db using the same connection
URL. They fail with the following exception.

Caused by: SQL Exception: Failed to start database 'db/derby/dmstest',
see the next exception for details.
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Util.java)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Util.java)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Util.java)
at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.newSQLException(EmbedConnection.java)
at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.bootDatabase(EmbedConnection.java)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.(EmbedConnection.java)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection20.(EmbedConnection20.java)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection30.(EmbedConnection30.java)
at org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver30.getNewEmbedConnection(Driver30.java)
at org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver169.connect(Driver169.java)
at org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver.connect(EmbeddedDriver.java)
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.JDBCTask.getConnection(JDBCTask.java:342)

This is the same exception as if a second JVM is running with an
embedded Cloudscape/Derby instance in it already accessing the same
database. But I sware there is no second JVM running.

Another curiosity on this, the same build script is running on a linux
box without any problems.

I'm using windows xp pro, JDK 1.4.2-06 and Cloudscape/Derby 10 for this
scenario

Can anybody give me a hint or knows a workaround for this problem?

Thanks in advance