db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Neumann <t.neum...@olympus-labautomation.com>
Subject Cannot connect a second time to an embedded Cloudscape/Derby DB
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2005 08:48:33 GMT
Hello,

I have a problem with the embedded Cloudscape/Derby version on Windows
in my maven build script. This build script uses the maven hibernate
plug in to create the dbms. The connection URL for the db is
jdbc:derby:db/derby/dmstest;create=true
This works fine. Afterwards when the schema creation is finished in a
second step unit tests should run on this db using the same connection
URL. They fail with the following exception.

Caused by: SQL Exception: Failed to start database 'db/derby/dmstest',
see the next exception for details.
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Util.java)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Util.java)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Util.java)
at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.newSQLException(EmbedConnection.java)
at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.bootDatabase(EmbedConnection.java)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.(EmbedConnection.java)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection20.(EmbedConnection20.java)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection30.(EmbedConnection30.java)
at org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver30.getNewEmbedConnection(Driver30.java)
at org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver169.connect(Driver169.java)
at org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver.connect(EmbeddedDriver.java)
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.JDBCTask.getConnection(JDBCTask.java:342)

This is the same exception as if a second JVM is running with an
embedded Cloudscape/Derby instance in it already accessing the same
database. But I sware there is no second JVM running.

Another curiosity on this, the same build script is running on a linux
box without any problems.

I'm using windows xp pro, JDK 1.4.2-06 and Cloudscape/Derby 10 for this
scenario

Can anybody give me a hint or knows a workaround for this problem?

Thanks in advance