db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: Add a default to an existing column ?
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2005 20:19:13 GMT
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
I think that part of the documentation needs to be changed... Unless
someone actually shows Derby can support modifying default values or
add a default to an existing column, either myself or you <span
a JIRA
documentation bug to fix the documentation.<br>
Under the modifying columns, the document says two options are
available....1) Increase a VARCHAR length 2) specify an interval
between identity columns.<br>
Satheesh<br>
Bernd Ruehlicke wrote:<br>
 cite="mid1B37BEFB3456F1428E01932AFA147822E1A1CB@HOUEXCH902.landmark.lgc.com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">Thanx - the intresting bit here is that the documentation under "Setting
defaults" on
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://incubator.apache.org/derby/manuals/reference/sqlj26.html#HDRSII-S">http://incubator.apache.org/derby/manuals/reference/sqlj26.html#HDRSII-S</a>
QLJ-21322 sais

"You can specify a default value for a new column or add a default value
to an existing column (see Modifying Columns)."

i.e. "... or add a default value to an existing column"

That's what I am looking for.

B-)

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">-----Original Message-----