db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: Add a default to an existing column ?
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:32:25 GMT
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
I am not aware of a way to modify a default value in Derby. You can add
a default at the table creation time, but not sure if you can add a
default to an existing column.<br>
Satheesh<br>
Bernd Ruehlicke wrote:
 cite="mid1B37BEFB3456F1428E01932AFA147822E1A1CA@HOUEXCH902.landmark.lgc.com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">Hmm - scary silence followed this e-mail.

To clarify the mail.

I want to be able to modify a default value for a column.

Anybody know what is supported in Derby and what isn't ?

B-)

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">-----Original Message-----
From: Bernd Ruehlicke [<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="mailto:BRuehlicke@lgc.com">mailto:BRuehlicke@lgc.com</a>]

Sent: Monday, January 17, 2005 1:12 PM
To: Derby Discussion
Subject: Add a default to an existing column ?

Hmm - the documentation states that you can add a default
value to an existing column in
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://incubator.apache.org/derby/manuals/reference/sqlj26.htm">http://incubator.apache.org/derby/manuals/reference/sqlj26.htm</a>
l#HDRSII-SQLJ-21322 but I cannot find any syntax which works for me.

Questions:

1) What is the syntax if I want to add a default value to a column ?

2) What is the syntax if I want to modify a default value of
a colum ?  (Is this possible at all ?)

Thanx
B-)

    </pre>