db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Barnet Wagman <b.wag...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Can a connection expire?
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2005 21:37:24 GMT
Satheesh Bandaram wrote:

>I don't think a connection expires in embedded Derby.  Could it be
>possible a severe error was encountered during the INSERTs that might
>have caused the connection to close? Was there any info in the
>derby.log? This log file should get created in the SYSTEM_HOME location.

I think your right, something appears to be causing the connection to
close, but there's nothing in my log file.  Actually, I can't find a
derby.log file at all.  By default, it SYSTEM_HOME the directory where
the database resides?  I was using vanilla installation of embedded
Derby. I've tried recreating the database with logDevice explicitly set,
but I'm still not getting a derby.log file.  Do I need to do something
explicit to get one?

Thanks