db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] RIFE v0.8.2 released with Derby support
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2005 18:10:07 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

> You probably want to move J2EE to the Web Application Server section and
> rename it to something else. J2EE is a spec, not an implementation.
>
> Maybe use 'Sun's J2EE SDK'?

Excellent suggestion -- thanks!

> Also is there a better link for this that instructions on how to set up
> Derby with Sun's J2EE SDK?

Down in the products by type table, it simply points to java.sun.com/j2ee.

Up in the products table, I'm putting in the product's link in the
Product column. So, for this one, it points to java.sun.com/j2ee and
I'll also rename that entry to "Sun's J2EE SDK".

In the "Information Pointers" column I've been adding links to derby
mail list topics. For example, the tomcat entry includes multiple
threads for different topics (though I know I haven't kept up with mai
list activity  -- I need to do some fishing on the mail archives.) At
any rate, this specific J2EE announcement
(http://mail-archives.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=derby-dev@db.apache.org&msgNo=882)

mentioned two blogs, so I added the persistent links for the derby
topics in those blogs.

But I'm happy to organize this info however works best.

If anyone has better links or is inclined to provide a Derby-specific
writeup -- please post them! And I'll add them to the web site.

 -jean