db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] RIFE v0.8.2 released with Derby support
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2005 17:38:35 GMT
Thanks for the post! I'll add a link to it on
http://incubator.apache.org/derby/papers/misc.html .

In the "Products by Type" section on that page I'll also add a "Web
Application Framework" section -- and now I get to reveal how little I
understand about all these products. I think the products that would
belong in a "Web Application Framework" section include Cocoon,
Geronimo, JBoss, JOnAS, Red Hat App Server, and Rife. But I'm really
fuzzy on any distinctions people might make between web application
frameworks and web application servers.

If somebody were looking for a product that does "X" on Derby, what
category would be helpful? And which products would belong to that category?

thanks,

 -jean