db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rich Hall <de...@opxn.net>
Subject Re: Logo
Date Sun, 02 Jan 2005 08:49:31 GMT
On Jan 1, 2005, at 5:01 PM, Brian Abbott wrote:

> ... I would encourage everyone to take a step back and
> ask themselves, what are or what should be Derby's Core Brand Values.
>> From that, you should develop a Brand Message. Once that's been
> established, every iteration and idea for a logo should be tested
> against that...

Good idea, we should try this if we can.

Also, there are so many logos representing reliability, endurance,
power, speed, freedom, visionary leadership, professionalism, service,
forward-looking innovation... the reason could be that every group
comes up with the same brand values and similar brand messages, so all
logos start looking alike, an eagle on a mountain with an elliptical
orbiter of some kind, and very little sets them apart.

Brand identity (being instantly distinctive and distinguishable) is
every bit as important as brand values. While I'm busy pondering brand
values, maybe you can tell me what the following logos say about brand
values, and whether you think they were chosen more for their brand
identity...

Rich