db-derby-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Irum Godil <softwarengineer2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Build Errors
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 15:53:19 GMT
Hi, 
I tried this too, it does not make any difference. 
 
thanks.

Amit Handa <Amit.Handa@Sun.COM> wrote:
Which JDK version are you using ?

This doesn't seem like a Derby problem,
See JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar is in Eclipse classpath.

These packages are in tools.jar.

thanks,
Amit

Irum Godil wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I have set up Derby source as mentioned and have been successful in 
> building it from the command prompt.
> 
> However, I would like to make changes to Derby and for that I want it to 
> run in Eclipse. I set up a project in Eclipse and have configured the 
> build path to use ANT. The problem is that everything from the same 
> directory builds perfectly on command line; but when I am in Eclipse and 
> try to build the project I keep getting the following errors. Does 
> anyone have any clue why is this happening. I will really appreciate any 
> help.
> 
> Thanks.
> 
> 
> compile:
> 
> [javac] Compiling 10 source files to C:\Derby\derbyasp\classes
> 
> [javac] 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\javadoc\DiskLayoutTaglet.java:23:

> package com.sun.tools.doclets does not exist
> 
> [javac] import com.sun.tools.doclets.Taglet;
> 
> [javac] ^
> 
> [javac] 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\javadoc\DiskLayoutTaglet.java:24:

> package com.sun.javadoc does not exist
> 
> [javac] import com.sun.javadoc.*;
> 
> [javac] ^
> 
> [javac] 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\javadoc\DiskLayoutTaglet.java:27:

> cannot resolve symbol
> 
> [javac] symbol : class Taglet
> 
> [javac] location: class org.apache.derbyBuild.javadoc.DiskLayoutTaglet
> 
> [javac] public class DiskLayoutTaglet implements Taglet {
> 
> [javac] ^
> 
> [javac] 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\javadoc\DiskLayoutTaglet.java:112:

> cannot resolve symbol
> 
> [javac] symbol : class Tag
> 
> [javac] location: class org.apache.derbyBuild.javadoc.DiskLayoutTaglet
> 
> [javac] public String toString(Tag tag) {
> 
> [javac] ^
> 
> [javac] 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\javadoc\DiskLayoutTaglet.java:122:

> cannot resolve symbol
> 
> [javac] symbol : class Tag
> 
> [javac] location: class org.apache.derbyBuild.javadoc.DiskLayoutTaglet
> 
> [javac] public String toString(Tag[] tags) {
> 
> [javac] ^
> 
> [javac] 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\javadoc\EndFormatTaglet.java:22: 
> package com.sun.tools.doclets does not exist
> 
> [javac] import com.sun.tools.doclets.Taglet;
> 
> [javac] ^
> 
> [javac] 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\javadoc\EndFormatTaglet.java:23: 
> package com.sun.javadoc does not exist
> 
> [javac] import com.sun.javadoc.*;
> 
> [javac] ^
> 
> [javac] 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\javadoc\EndFormatTaglet.java:28: 
> cannot resolve symbol
> 
> [javac] symbol : class Taglet
> 
> [javac] location: class org.apache.derbyBuild.javadoc.EndFormatTaglet
> 
> [javac] public class EndFormatTaglet implements Taglet {
> 
> [javac] ^
> 
> [javac] 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\javadoc\EndFormatTaglet.java:113:

> cannot resolve symbol
> 
> [javac] symbol : class Tag
> 
> [javac] location: class org.apache.derbyBuild.javadoc.EndFormatTaglet
> 
> [javac] public String toString(Tag tag) {
> 
> [javac] ^
> 
> [javac] 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\javadoc\EndFormatTaglet.java:121:

> cannot resolve symbol
> 
> [javac] symbol : class Tag
> 
> [javac] location: class org.apache.derbyBuild.javadoc.EndFormatTaglet
> 
> [javac] public String toString(Tag[] tags) {
> 
> [javac] ^
> 
> [javac] 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\javadoc\FormatIdTaglet.java:22: 
> package com.sun.tools.doclets does not exist
> 
> [javac] import com.sun.tools.doclets.Taglet;
> 
> [javac] ^
> 
> [javac] 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\javadoc\FormatIdTaglet.java:23: 
> package com.sun.javadoc does not exist
> 
> [javac] import com.sun.javadoc.*;
> 
> [javac] ^
> 
> [javac] 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\javadoc\FormatIdTaglet.java:26: 
> cannot resolve symbol
> 
> [javac] symbol : class Taglet
> 
> [javac] location: class org.apache.derbyBuild.javadoc.FormatIdTaglet
> 
> [javac] public class FormatIdTaglet implements Taglet {
> 
> [javac] ^
> 
> [javac] 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\javadoc\FormatIdTaglet.java:114: 
> cannot resolve symbol
> 
> [javac] symbol : class Tag
> 
> [javac] location: class org.apache.derbyBuild.javadoc.FormatIdTaglet
> 
> [javac] public String toString(Tag tag) {
> 
> [javac] ^
> 
> [javac] 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\javadoc\FormatIdTaglet.java:123: 
> cannot resolve symbol
> 
> [javac] symbol : class Tag
> 
> [javac] location: class org.apache.derbyBuild.javadoc.FormatIdTaglet
> 
> [javac] public String toString(Tag[] tags) {
> 
> [javac] ^
> 
> [javac] 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\javadoc\PurposeTaglet.java:22: 
> package com.sun.tools.doclets does not exist
> 
> [javac] import com.sun.tools.doclets.Taglet;
> 
> [javac] ^
> 
> [javac] 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\javadoc\PurposeTaglet.java:23: 
> package com.sun.javadoc does not exist
> 
> [javac] import com.sun.javadoc.*;
> 
> [javac] ^
> 
> [javac] 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\javadoc\PurposeTaglet.java:28: 
> cannot resolve symbol
> 
> [javac] symbol : class Taglet
> 
> [javac] location: class org.apache.derbyBuild.javadoc.PurposeTaglet
> 
> [javac] public class PurposeTaglet implements Taglet {
> 
> [javac] ^
> 
> [javac] 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\javadoc\PurposeTaglet.java:115: 
> cannot resolve symbol
> 
> [javac] symbol : class Tag
> 
> [javac] location: class org.apache.derbyBuild.javadoc.PurposeTaglet
> 
> [javac] public String toString(Tag tag) {
> 
> [javac] ^
> 
> [javac] 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\javadoc\PurposeTaglet.java:124: 
> cannot resolve symbol
> 
> [javac] symbol : class Tag
> 
> [javac] location: class org.apache.derbyBuild.javadoc.PurposeTaglet
> 
> [javac] public String toString(Tag[] tags) {
> 
> [javac] ^
> 
> [javac] 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\javadoc\UpgradeTaglet.java:23: 
> package com.sun.tools.doclets does not exist
> 
> [javac] import com.sun.tools.doclets.Taglet;
> 
> [javac] ^
> 
> [javac] 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\javadoc\UpgradeTaglet.java:24: 
> package com.sun.javadoc does not exist
> 
> [javac] import com.sun.javadoc.*;
> 
> [javac] ^
> 
> [javac] 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\javadoc\UpgradeTaglet.java:27: 
> cannot resolve symbol
> 
> [javac] symbol : class Taglet
> 
> [javac] location: class org.apache.derbyBuild.javadoc.UpgradeTaglet
> 
> [javac] public class UpgradeTaglet implements Taglet {
> 
> [javac] ^
> 
> [javac] 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\javadoc\UpgradeTaglet.java:113: 
> cannot resolve symbol
> 
> [javac] symbol : class Tag
> 
> [javac] location: class org.apache.derbyBuild.javadoc.UpgradeTaglet
> 
> [javac] public String toString(Tag tag) {
> 
> [javac] ^
> 
> [javac] 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\javadoc\UpgradeTaglet.java:122: 
> cannot resolve symbol
> 
> [javac] symbol : class Tag
> 
> [javac] location: class org.apache.derbyBuild.javadoc.UpgradeTaglet
> 
> [javac] public String toString(Tag[] tags) {
> 
> [javac] ^
> 
> [javac] 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\javadoc\DiskLayoutTaglet.java:100:

> cannot resolve symbol
> 
> [javac] symbol : class Taglet
> 
> [javac] location: class org.apache.derbyBuild.javadoc.DiskLayoutTaglet
> 
> [javac] Taglet t = (Taglet) tagletMap.get(tag.getName());
> 
> [javac] ^
> 
> [javac] 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\javadoc\DiskLayoutTaglet.java:100:

> cannot resolve symbol
> 
> [javac] symbol : class Taglet
> 
> [javac] location: class org.apache.derbyBuild.javadoc.DiskLayoutTaglet
> 
> [javac] Taglet t = (Taglet) tagletMap.get(tag.getName());
> 
> [javac] ^
> 
> [javac] 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\javadoc\EndFormatTaglet.java:102:

> cannot resolve symbol
> 
> [javac] symbol : class Taglet
> 
> [javac] location: class org.apache.derbyBuild.javadoc.EndFormatTaglet
> 
> [javac] Taglet t = (Taglet) tagletMap.get(tag.getName());
> 
> [javac] ^
> 
> [javac] 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\javadoc\EndFormatTaglet.java:102:

> cannot resolve symbol
> 
> [javac] symbol : class Taglet
> 
> [javac] location: class org.apache.derbyBuild.javadoc.EndFormatTaglet
> 
> [javac] Taglet t = (Taglet) tagletMap.get(tag.getName());
> 
> [javac] ^
> 
> [javac] 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\javadoc\FormatIdTaglet.java:102: 
> cannot resolve symbol
> 
> [javac] symbol : class Taglet
> 
> [javac] location: class org.apache.derbyBuild.javadoc.FormatIdTaglet
> 
> [javac] Taglet t = (Taglet) tagletMap.get(tag.getName());
> 
> [javac] ^
> 
> [javac] 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\javadoc\FormatIdTaglet.java:102: 
> cannot resolve symbol
> 
> [javac] symbol : class Taglet
> 
> [javac] location: class org.apache.derbyBuild.javadoc.FormatIdTaglet
> 
> [javac] Taglet t = (Taglet) tagletMap.get(tag.getName());
> 
> [javac] ^
> 
> [javac] 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\javadoc\PurposeTaglet.java:103: 
> cannot resolve symbol
> 
> [javac] symbol : class Taglet
> 
> [javac] location: class org.apache.derbyBuild.javadoc.PurposeTaglet
> 
> [javac] Taglet t = (Taglet) tagletMap.get(tag.getName());
> 
> [javac] ^
> 
> [javac] 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\javadoc\PurposeTaglet.java:103: 
> cannot resolve symbol
> 
> [javac] symbol : class Taglet
> 
> [javac] location: class org.apache.derbyBuild.javadoc.PurposeTaglet
> 
> [javac] Taglet t = (Taglet) tagletMap.get(tag.getName());
> 
> [javac] ^
> 
> [javac] 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\javadoc\UpgradeTaglet.java:101: 
> cannot resolve symbol
> 
> [javac] symbol : class Taglet
> 
> [javac] location: class org.apache.derbyBuild.javadoc.UpgradeTaglet
> 
> [javac] Taglet t = (Taglet) tagletMap.get(tag.getName());
> 
> [javac] ^
> 
> [javac] 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\javadoc\UpgradeTaglet.java:101: 
> cannot resolve symbol
> 
> [javac] symbol : class Taglet
> 
> [javac] location: class org.apache.derbyBuild.javadoc.UpgradeTaglet
> 
> [javac] Taglet t = (Taglet) tagletMap.get(tag.getName());
> 
> [javac] ^
> 
> [javac] 35 errors
> 
> [javac] 3 warnings
> 
> [javac] Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.
> 
> build:
> 
> build:
> 
> verifysplit:
> 
> split:
> 
> splitprops:
> 
> verifysplit:
> 
> noSplit:
> 
> [echo] ***** SplitMessages not available *****
> 
> [echo] ***** Run "all" target first *****
> 
> BUILD FAILED: 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\engine\org\apache\derby\loc\build.xml:104: 
> Exiting ant build...
> 
> BUILD FAILED: 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\engine\org\apache\derby\loc\build.xml:19: The 
> following error occurred while executing this line:
> 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\engine\org\apache\derby\loc\build.xml:104: 
> Exiting ant build...
> 
> BUILD FAILED: C:\Derby\derbyasp\build.xml:258: The following error 
> occurred while executing this line:
> 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\engine\org\apache\derby\loc\build.xml:19: The 
> following error occurred while executing this line:
> 
> C:\Derby\derbyasp\java\engine\org\apache\derby\loc\build.xml:104: 
> Exiting ant build...
> 
> Total time: 1 minute 6 seconds
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Do you Yahoo!?
> Yahoo! Mail 
> 
> - You care about security. So do we.


-- 
Regards,

Amit Handa,
Java Web Services.
Sun Microsystems Inc.







		
---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
 Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Get it on your mobile phone.
Mime
View raw message