db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Irum Godil <softwarengineer2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Building and Using Derby Source code from Eclipse
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 02:36:16 GMT
Hi,
I am a graduate student at the University of Toronto. For a school project, I am interested
in checking out the Derby source code and run it in Eclipse. Essentially, I am researching
in Aspect oriented Programming (AOP) and would like to experiment principles of on Derby.
For this I need to be loading and running the application from within a Java environment.

The problem is that on the Derby website under the download instructions, I am seeing that
I need to download a lot of components such as JDK 1.4, JDK1.3, Java Compiler etc. I am not
sure if all this is necessary if I would like to build and run it directly from Eclipse. Can
someone please help me on this issue; i.e. is it possible to open, build and run the entire
Derby code from within Eclipse?

Thanks.
Sincerely,
Irum Godil.