db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Bernd Ruehlicke" <BRuehli...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Add a default to an existing column ?
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:40:26 GMT
Thanx - the intresting bit here is that the documentation under "Setting
defaults" on
http://incubator.apache.org/derby/manuals/reference/sqlj26.html#HDRSII-S
QLJ-21322 sais

"You can specify a default value for a new column or add a default value
to an existing column (see Modifying Columns)."

i.e. "... or add a default value to an existing column"

That's what I am looking for.

B-)