db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Bernd Ruehlicke" <BRuehli...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Alter column from NULL -> NOT NULL
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 22:06:50 GMT
A eralier idscussion inthe Cloudscape community brings lights around
this.

See
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/dw_thread.jsp?message=41032
69&cat=19&thread=59941&forum=370#4103269

Unfortunately it seams this is not supported in Derby and for me it is a
absolute MUST that we get a ALTER TABLE statement which can modify a
NULL column to a NOT NULL column.

I have added a JIRA http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-119  and
I hope people will start voting for this.

B-)