I only have derby.jar in my CLASSPATH and it works fine (Windows XP Pro).

Martin Menzel wrote:

Hi,

I have a problem with derby and hope someone can help me here…

IBM states on its site that Cloudscape/Derby does not have to be installed at the end user’s machine. As far as I understood it, it is enough to ship derby.jar and include this file in the classpath. Now, when I try to load the Embedded Driver, an error comes up:

XBM02.D : [0] org.apache.derby.iapi.services.stream.InfoStreams

ERROR XBM02: XBM02.D : [0] org.apache.derby.iapi.services.stream.InfoStreams

        at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(StandardException.java)

        at org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.Monitor.missingImplementation(Monitor.java)

        at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.TopService.bootModule(TopService.java)

        at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.startModule(BaseMonitor.java)

        at org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.Monitor.startSystemModule(Monitor.java)

        at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.runWithState(BaseMonitor.java)

        at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.FileMonitor.<init>(FileMonitor.java)

        at org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.Monitor.startMonitor(Monitor.java)

        at org.apache.derby.iapi.jdbc.JDBCBoot.boot(JDBCBoot.java)

        at org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver.boot(EmbeddedDriver.java)

        at org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver.<clinit>(EmbeddedDriver.java)

       (and so on)

It works fine when the installation path for Cloudscape is included in my classpath, but on the end user’s machine (who didn’t install cloudscape, but only has the .jar), this path doesn’t exist…

It doesn’t help to add derbytools.jar (and include it in the classpath).

Please help!

Martin

--
Steve Buschman