db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Menzel" <anig...@hotmail.com>
Subject Deploy derby
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2004 00:14:42 GMT
Hi,

I have a problem with derby and hope someone can help me here.

IBM states on its site that Cloudscape/Derby does not have to be installed
at the end user's machine. As far as I understood it, it is enough to ship
derby.jar and include this file in the classpath. Now, when I try to load
the Embedded Driver, an error comes up:

XBM02.D : [0] org.apache.derby.iapi.services.stream.InfoStreams

ERROR XBM02: XBM02.D : [0] org.apache.derby.iapi.services.stream.InfoStreams

        at
org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(StandardException
java)

        at
org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.Monitor.missingImplementation(Monitor
java)

        at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.TopService.bootModule(TopService.java
)

        at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.startModule(BaseMonitor.j
ava)

        at
org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.Monitor.startSystemModule(Monitor.jav
a)

        at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.runWithState(BaseMonitor.
java)

        at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.FileMonitor.<init>(FileMonitor.java)

        at
org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.Monitor.startMonitor(Monitor.java)

        at org.apache.derby.iapi.jdbc.JDBCBoot.boot(JDBCBoot.java)

        at org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver.boot(EmbeddedDriver.java)

        at
org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver.<clinit>(EmbeddedDriver.java)

       (and so on)

It works fine when the installation path for Cloudscape is included in my
classpath, but on the end user's machine (who didn't install cloudscape, but
only has the .jar), this path doesn't exist.

It doesn't help to add derbytools.jar (and include it in the classpath).

Please help!

Martin