db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Nat Gross <natgross.rentalsyst...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Sun 8.0.1 Appserver pooling
Date Tue, 28 Dec 2004 17:57:00 GMT
Lance J. Andersen wrote:

> Nat,
> I have had this working successfully with 8.0 and early beta of 8.1.

Thanks. Music to my ears. I prefer Derby over HSQLDB, and this info
helps my decision.

> Where did you install your derby classes?  Normally I put them in
> domains/domain1/lib/ext.

I put them into "domains/domain1/lib". But even if that was wrong, I
also configured sjsaas (jvm options--->paths) to add derby.jar to the
classpath, which it correctly did, since it finally changed from the
'class not found' error to the gui framework error. Also, it
automatically gave me Derby relevant properties to set, so I assume that
it did properly see the Derby classes.

> Can you post your domain.xml entry that you used with the embedded driver?

To be honest, I don't know what this is. But I am just finishing up the
install of sjsas8.1 RC, and will attempt everything again.

>   Are you sure you did not have another process that already had the
> DB open outside of SJSAS?

Huh? What? WOA. Maybe this was it. I have Eclipse/MyEclipse with
dbExplorer connecting to it at times, and it *might* have been using a
connection as well. (But I also think, yes only think, that I tried it
many times with the Eclipse ide closed altogether.)
BUT, does this mean, that I cannot use any type of db tool to view/alter
the database if I have that db open from appserver? <sigh>
Or, can I administer/manage (my dba hat on now) the db via some tool VIA
a pooled connection from sjsas?
Thanks a mill;
-nat