db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Susan Cline <...@MeepZor.Com>
Subject Re: lastAutoincrementValue
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2004 17:02:14 GMT
Mag Gam wrote:
> I am trying to get the lastAutoincrementValue for a table and I am using
> the ij tool. I keep getting an error saying ConnectionInfo class not
> found.
> Has anyone have any luck with this?
> Reference:
> http://cermics.enpc.fr/~rl/cloudscape/doc/html/coredocs/sqlj17.htmlasti
> VALUES ConnectionInfo::lastAutoincrementValue(
>     'schemaName', 'tableName', 'columnName')

The document you are referencing is for Cloudscape 5.1.

Are you using Derby, or an older version of Cloudscape?  For the Derby
documentation refer to:

Derby does not support the syntax you are attempting to use - you'll
need to create an identity column and use the built in function,
IDENTITY_VAL_LOCAL to retrieve the last value for that column.

for the details.

View raw message