db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Suresh Thalamati <tsur...@Source-Zone.org>
Subject Re: SQL exception "Java linkage error"?
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2004 19:13:06 GMT
Amit Handa wrote:

> Suresh Thalamati wrote:
>
>> Barnet Wagman wrote:
>>

>>> Does anyone know what the following SQL exception (code 30000) might
>>> mean?
>>>
>>> Java linkage error thrown during load of generated class
>>> org.apache.derby.exe.ac601a400fx0100xefx1a6cx0000001b574011d
>>

> Since the class is being generated at runtime, it could be any of the
> problems,
>
> http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/second_edition/html/execution.doc.html
>

>> Most likely this error occurred because size of one  of the methods in
>> the generated class has become > 64k.
>> JVM throws error while loading classes when a method becomes > 64k. .
>

> Is this documented somewhere that JVM will throw > 64 K ?

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/vmspec/2nd-edition/html/ClassFile.doc.html#88659

The amount of code per non-|native|, non-|abstract| method is limited to
65536 bytes by the sizes of the indices in the |exception_table| of the
|Code| attribute (§4.7.3) <ClassFile.doc.html#1546>,
in the |LineNumberTable| attribute (§4.7.8) <ClassFile.doc.html#22856>,
and in the |LocalVariableTable| attribute (§4.7.9)
<ClassFile.doc.html#5956>.
--

It is possible that this problem could be different.  I was just making
a good guess for debugging with the

-suresh