db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmars...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: Deploy derby
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2004 17:20:32 GMT

I just thought I would mention that I encountered this error when trying
to start Network Server under security manager when (I think) there was
a problem with the  policy file.
 I have not yet figured out what the problem is with my policy file but
wonder if you are running under security manager when you got this error?

Martin Menzel wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have a problem with derby and hope someone can help me here?
>

> IBM states on its site that Cloudscape/Derby does not have to be
> installed at the end user?s machine. As far as I understood it, it is
> enough to ship derby.jar and include this file in the classpath. Now,
> when I try to load the Embedded Driver, an error comes up:
>

> XBM02.D : [0] org.apache.derby.iapi.services.stream.InfoStreams
>

> ERROR XBM02: XBM02.D : [0]
org.apache.derby.iapi.services.stream.InfoStreams

>         at

org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(StandardException.java)

>         at

org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.Monitor.missingImplementation(Monitor.java)

>         at

org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.TopService.bootModule(TopService.java)

>         at

org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.startModule(BaseMonitor.java)

>         at

org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.Monitor.startSystemModule(Monitor.java)

>         at

org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.runWithState(BaseMonitor.java)

>         at

org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.FileMonitor.<init>(FileMonitor.java)