db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Suresh Thalamati <tsur...@Source-Zone.org>
Subject Re: Schema does not exits exception
Date Sat, 11 Dec 2004 17:55:53 GMT
Zahra Zahid wrote:

>Ok i added the values in derby.properties file ...n placed it at
>C:/DERBY/TRUNK....here how my properties file lookssss....
>derby.system.home =C:\derby\trunk

I think derby.system.home =C:/derby/trunk should be specified with -D
option or
as environment variable in the application. It can not be in the
derby.properties for sure.
If  you are using derby embedded through another application ,
typicallly it will have
property to specify derby home.

Derby looks for the properties file in derby.system.home location ,  if
you don't specify it will default to
the  JVM default directory.  It will be same location where derby.log
also will be created.

-suresht