db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmars...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: Deploy derby
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 18:50:08 GMT

What version of derby.jar are you using? Is this the release candidate
one you built yourself?  To me at first glance this looks like some sort
of problem with the jar itself.   Could you compare  the jars on your
working and non-working system as a quick check?

Martin Menzel wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have a problem with derby and hope someone can help me here?
>

> IBM states on its site that Cloudscape/Derby does not have to be
> installed at the end user?s machine. As far as I understood it, it is
> enough to ship derby.jar and include this file in the classpath. Now,
> when I try to load the Embedded Driver, an error comes up:
>

> XBM02.D : [0] org.apache.derby.iapi.services.stream.InfoStreams
>

> ERROR XBM02: XBM02.D : [0]
org.apache.derby.iapi.services.stream.InfoStreams

>         at

org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(StandardException.java)

>         at

org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.Monitor.missingImplementation(Monitor.java)

>         at

org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.TopService.bootModule(TopService.java)

>         at

org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.startModule(BaseMonitor.java)

>         at

org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.Monitor.startSystemModule(Monitor.java)

>         at

org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.runWithState(BaseMonitor.java)

>         at

org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.FileMonitor.<init>(FileMonitor.java)