db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Suavi Ali Demir <dem...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: CREATE FUNCTION with SQL examples ?
Date Sat, 18 Dec 2004 05:30:10 GMT
Ok, my bad. I assumed con.close() would call
rollback() or something. Apparently it does not and
the transaction keeps going.

In the context of a stored procedure that is executing
though a sql statement that was executed using an
existing connection why would any database not be able
to return a reference to the current connection?

When we call our stored proc, it is running inside the
engine already, it is not a different machine or
anything. It is the connection that is executing the
sql statement that invoked our stored proc. It should
be possible to pass a reference to the current
connection in such cases, no?

Regards,
Ali