db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Suavi Ali Demir <dem...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: CREATE FUNCTION with SQL examples ?
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2004 21:19:48 GMT
Here is an example that behaves like the
generate_unique() function of DB2:

CREATE FUNCTION GENERATE_UNIQUE()
RETURNS CHAR(13) FOR BIT DATA PARAMETER STYLE JAVA NO
SQL LANGUAGE JAVA
EXTERNAL NAME 'com.mycompany.MyClass.generate_unique';

Here is the corresponding java function in MyClass:

  static public byte[] generate_unique()throws
SQLException{
    return ... // generate and return a byte[13];
  }

Regards,
Ali