db-derby-user mailing list archives

From todd runstein <todd_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: DataSource Tomcat
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2004 19:15:28 GMT
You're going to need to determine the absolute path to
your application.  If it is indeed tomcat, it's pretty
easy to do using getServletContext().getRealPath("/").

I guess I don't understand your question about access.
 If you need to secure your database files, look at
the Derby docs concerning setting up authentication.

Derby can be used the same way as MySQL.  Derby can
also be used in ways that MySQL can not be used.
Don't worry about trying to make Derby "as good as"
another database system - it's different and has
benefits and disadvantages just like any other
software.  The trick is figure out what the best tool
is for the current job.

Good Luck,

Todd

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html

> > The resource parameters are a little different.
> >

> > On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 08:46:44 -0800, Gregory Parent
> > wrote:
> > > Great--thanks! I'm using Tomcat 5.0--what's the
> > difference?

> > element in your
> for
> > the Tomcat 5.5.x
> > different. Also be sure to

driverClassName="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"

=====