db-derby-user mailing list archives

From todd runstein <todd_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: DataSource Tomcat
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2004 17:30:46 GMT
Arda,

You've got to figure out why the server is not
recognizing the jar files in WEB-INF/lib.  I can tell
you that if you're trying to set up your connection as
a JNDI resource and your web server is Tomcat, you're
never going to get it to work.  Tomcat required you to
use the common directory for JNDI based connections.

Can you get it to work using a standard JDBC
connection using the DriverManager approach?  If not,
you need to get this figured out before you move
forward.  If you can, you're home free.

Good Luck

Todd

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html

> The resource parameters are a little different.
>

> On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 08:46:44 -0800, Gregory Parent
> wrote:
> > Great--thanks! I'm using Tomcat 5.0--what's the
> difference?
> >
> > >From: Karl Ostendorf
> > >To: Derby Discussion
> > >Subject: Re: DataSource Tomcat
> > >Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 17:44:04 +0100
> >

> > >Yes. Just add the following as a top-level
> element in your
> > >server.xml. Be aware that this is the syntax for
> the Tomcat 5.5.x
> > >series, the syntax for 5.0.x is a little
> different. Also be sure to
> > >add the derby.jar to common/lib.

> > > type="javax.sql.DataSource"

driverClassName="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"
> > > url="jdbc:derby:"
> > > maxActive="0"
> > > minIdle="1"
> > > maxIdle="5"
> > > maxWait="5000"
> > > />
> > >

> > >On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 15:33:16 -0800, Gregory
> Parent
> Tomcat ?

>  Yahoo! Mail - Find what you need with new enhanced
> search. Learn more.

=====
The only "dumb question" is the one you were too afraid to ask.
Check out RouteRuler - Free software for runners, cyclists, walkers, etc.
http://routeruler.sourceforge.net