db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Andrej Tibaut <andrej.tib...@uni-mb.si>
Subject RE: How to proceed ? DB test!
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 18:11:30 GMT
Hi Arun,

please find attached our database speed test results. Our test was pretty
simple...we populated 4 db's with our data and defined tipical SQL
queries...iterated them 1000 times and got each db's speed impression. I
have to emphasize that we haven't done any database optimization.

This was not the only criteria though.

In short our criteria were:
1. speed (our server database will not receive very frequent hits)
2. advanced features and optimization potential for our needs
3. open source attitude
4. potential to work with any ready made java replicator (Daffodil
replicator)

That's shortly....

Our test doesn't have scientific value, but I am convinced we have made
the
right decision for our project.

Hope this helps.

I am open for your comments.