db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Karl Ostendorf <chicagok...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Database location
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 15:47:39 GMT
When starting the JVM, set the -Dderby.system.home=<path> option.
All connection URLs will then be relative to the given system home.

For example, a database created with with the name of "foo" in the
"/var/derby_data" directory can be accessed with a connection string
of "jdbc:derby:foo" so long as you have started the JVM with the
-Dderby.system.home=/var/derby_data option.

--
Karl Ostendorf