db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Amit Rao <amitr...@gmail.com>
Subject Problems in using an SQL Client
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 10:33:07 GMT
I have configured iSQL- Viewer and tried to connected to derby from
it.I created a schem,table and inserted values into it...but when i
run a simple select query i get the following error (on the console in

[15:51:12] Exception Occured While Retrieving Query Results
[15:51:12] Runtime Exception::(com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.SqlException: This
method should only be called on ResultSet objects that are

On reading around on the manual i came across the following in the
reference manual for
java.sql.Connection under section Table 15. JDBC 2.0 Connection
Methods Supported

Returns	                          :  Statement
Signature                        :  createStatement( int
resultSetType, int resultSetConcurrency)
Implementation Notes      :  ResultSet.TYPE_FORWARD_ONLY and
ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE are the only scrolling types
supported. If you request TYPE_SCROLL_SENSITIVE, Derby issues an
SQLWarning and returns a TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE ResultSet.

Any work-around for this???
Please help

View raw message