db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Derby/Cloudscape GUI?
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 16:49:17 GMT
Emmanuel Cecchet wrote:

> Just to let you know that we sucessfully used both Squirrel
> (http://java-source.net/open-source/sql-clients/squirrel-sql-client)
> and iSQL (http://java-source.net/open-source/sql-clients/isql-viewer)
> with Derby. In fact, we were using Squirrel in C-JDBC but we dropped
> it because it does not support transactions and iSQL is much nicer
> (and it is also MPL instead of LGPL).
> From our experience, I think that iSQL is a good choice.

I'm trying to remember from our discussions at ApacheCon -- wasn't there
an issue with getting iSQL working for SELECT statements? I'm vaguely
recalling there was some sort of cursor compatibility issue. Feel free
to tell me I dreamed this (information overload and all). Better yet, if
I didn't dream it, how did you get it working?

thanks!

 -jean