db-derby-user mailing list archives

From SML <de-...@lafn.org>
Subject Re: Database not found while in Tomcat / jsp
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 07:23:20 GMT

>> The derby database files are located in the project's WEB-INF/lib
>> directory and the jsp page is located in a directory just under the
>> root.
>>

>> 	Connection conn =
>> DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:RecordAppDB;")

> Wy don't you try jdbc:derby:WEB-INF/lib/RecordAppDB ?
> I don't think there is any thing magic about the WEB-INF/lib that
> would make derby find the database
> there auto magically.
>
> If that still doesn't work, you will need to find the absolute path.

Thanks. No relative path worked, but the absolute from / did. Is there
anything that I could do that would make a relative path work? This is a
school project which I'm developing on Linux, and it will be displayed
in class on a Windows machine ... and I don't think / vs. C:/ will
translate :)

I tried adding the DERBY_INSTALL environment variable to this project in
Eclipse, and that did nothing. Is there someother tomcat, Eclipse,
and/or Derby setting that I should look at?

Many thanks.