db-derby-user mailing list archives

From David Zonsheine <Dav...@enigma.com>
Subject How to optimize the query
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2004 14:47:42 GMT
Hello Derby Users

We are going to use Derby as an embedded data base for thousands of
applications we deliver to the market.
However, we have a simple database with a not so easy query that takes about
0.016 seconds in Oracle and 2.5 sec in Cloudscape (Derby).
I posted a question about hints and found out that there are no hints in
Derby right now.
We tried to see the index usage but couldn't.

How can I optimize a query in Derby? How do you do it? Is there a tool? Is
there a command line parameter?

Please help. We want to use this database.

David
use of the individual or entity to whom
they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator
of the message.
Scanning of this message is performed by SurfControl E-mail Filter software in conjunction
with  virus detection software.