db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: HTML documentation in a .zip or .tgz file?
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2004 01:08:23 GMT
J. David Eisenberg wrote:

>Derby looks quite nice; I may use it for doing examples in a database
>class.  I'd love to have all of the HTML pages in one .zip or .tgz file,
>though, so I can read documentation without having to be online.
>
>If there is already such a thing, and I just overlooked the link, please
>let me know, and pardon my clueless newbie-tude.

There isn't currently such a thing, but there are a couple options.

You can obtain a local copy by installing the subversion client and
checking out the source for the web site, like this:

    svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/derby/site/trunk

The manuals are under build/site/manuals.

Or, if there is sufficient interest, I could tar/zip up just the manuals
and put them out for download from the Derby site.

Finally, but this is only of interest in the long-term, there is a
discussion thread here that talks about possibly putting the docs into a
more flexible format:

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/BrowseList?listName=derby-dev@db.apache.org&by=subject&from=651389&to=651389&first=1&count=15

Your request would be a good thing to keep in mind for future work on
the docs.

 -jean