db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: FAQ language (was: Unable to run 10.0.2 GA on Mac OS X 10.3.5/VM 1.4.2_05)
Date Sun, 10 Oct 2004 00:59:41 GMT
Hi, Joe,

Thanks so much for your careful attention to the wording. I would never
want anything on the web site to be perceived as accusatory or unfair,
for that truly isn't the intent. The only intent is to help new users
get up and running as quickly as possible.

How does this rewording sound to you?

     This appears to be a JVM issue with Derby on Mac OS X and it has
been logged
     as DERBY-1 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1> in Jira.
Until the Derby team resolves it, the recommended workaround
     is to set derby.storage.fileSyncTransactionLog=true
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1?page=comments#action_53617>
in the derby.properties file to
     use file sync instead of write sync for log writes.

Please let me know how that sounds to you and thanks again for bringing
this to the list's attention.

 -jean

Original email included below: