db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Jalud Abdulmenan <te...@rogers.com>
Subject Re: ant build problem.. - help.
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 19:58:58 GMT

You need to escape the colon and forward slash in your ant.properties as in:

sane=false
proceed=true
j14lib=C\:\\j2sdk1.4.2_05\\jre\\lib
j13lib=C\:\\jdk1.3.1_12\\jre\\lib

You might want to specify the compiler as javac also in ant.properties:

build.compiler=modern

Hopefully, that will resolve your problem.

Jalud,

Dmitry wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Could somebody point me to the right direction?
>

> I?ve followed the instructions in the BUILDING.txt file to the letter?
>

> When I?m trying to build Derby ant complains that it can?t find
> java.lang package.. Strange, I?ve indicated where to find it in the
>
> Ant.properties file..  It must be something simple, but it escaped me
> for half a day already.. Maybe somebody can point out what the problem
is..

> Indeed ?classpass var as ant reports it does not include the location
> where rt.jar is..
>

> Here is my ant.properties file:
>

> sane=false
>
> proceed=true
>
> j14lib=C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05\jre\lib
>
> j13lib=C:\jdk1.3.1_12\jre\lib
>

> Also,  why does ant seems to be ignoring settings for j13lib and j14lib
> ? when those are the properties that seems to be needed for it to know
>
> Where to find the package it complains about later???
>

> Thanks?
>

> I?m including the detailsed log?
>

> Short version:
>

>     [javac] Compiling 10 source files to C:\Dev\Derby\classes
>
>     [javac] Using modern compiler
>
> dropping C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\reference\C from
> path as it doesn't exist
>
> dropping

C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\reference\jdk1.3.1_12jrelib\rt.jar
> [...]
>
>     [javac] '-nowarn'
>
>     [javac] '-deprecation'
>
>     [javac] '-d'
>
>     [javac] 'C:\Dev\Derby\classes'
>
>     [javac] '-classpath'
>
>     [javac]
> 'C:\Dev\Derby\classes;C:\Dev\Derby\tools\java\jdbc2_0-stdext.jar'
>
>     [javac] '-sourcepath'
>
>     [javac] 'C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine'
>
>     [javac] '-bootclasspath'
>
>     [javac] 'C:\Dev\Derby\tools\java\tools\java\empty.jar'
>
>     [javac] '-g'
>
>     [javac]
>
>     [javac] The ' characters around the executable and arguments are
>
>     [javac] not part of the command.
>
>     [javac] Files to be compiled:
>
>     [javac]
> C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\reference\Attribute.java
>
>     [javac]
> C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\reference\ClassName.java
>
>     [javac]
> C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\reference\ContextId.java
>
>     [javac]
> C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\reference\Copyright.java
>
>     [javac]
> C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\reference\DB2Limit.java
>
>     [javac]
> C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\reference\EngineType.java
>
>     [javac]
> C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\reference\MessageId.java
>
>     [javac]
>     C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\reference\Module.java
>
>     [javac]
> C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\reference\Property.java
>
>     [javac]
> C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\reference\SQLState.java
>
>     [javac] Fatal Error: Unable to locate package java.lang in classpath
> or bootclasspath
>
>     [javac] Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.
>

> ---------------------
>

> Full version of the first section?
>

> Detected Java version: 1.4 in: c:\j2sdk1.4.2_05\jre
>
> Detected OS: Windows XP
>
> parsing buildfile C:\Dev\Derby\build.xml with URI =
> file:///C:/Dev/Derby/build.xml
>
> Project base dir set to: C:\Dev\Derby
>
>  [property] Loading C:\Documents and Settings\davramenko\ant.properties
>
>  [property] Loading C:\Dev\Derby\tools\ant\properties\dirs.properties
>
> Property ${jdk} has not been set
>
> Property ${sanity} has not been set
>
>  [property] Loading
> C:\Dev\Derby\tools\ant\properties\sane${sanity}.properties
>
>  [property] Unable to find property file:
> C:\Dev\Derby\tools\ant\properties\sane${sanity}.properties
>
>  [property] Loading
> C:\Dev\Derby\tools\ant\properties\defaultcompiler.properties
>
>  [property] Loading C:\Dev\Derby\tools\ant\properties\modern.properties
>
> Override ignored for property proceed
>
>  [property] Loading C:\Dev\Derby\tools\ant\properties\extrapath.properties

C:\Dev\Derby\tools\ant\properties\compilepath.properties

> [...]
> cleanversion, clean, cleanstate, cleanparsers, cleancatalog, clobber,
> buildjars, derbyjarwithosgi, ckversioninfo, writeversioninfo,
> versioninfo, derbyjarwithoutosgi, dojjdocs, javadocsubpackages, tools,
> ensuresanitystate, cleandocs, infowriter, class_size_catalog, build,
> buildworld, buildsource, ]
>

> setissane:
>
>   [antcall] Exiting C:\Dev\Derby\build.xml.
>

> showenv:
>

>      [echo] Ant environment:
>
>      [echo]   Base Directory: C:\Dev\Derby
>
>      [echo]   Build output: C:\Dev\Derby/classes
>
>      [echo]   Compiler: modern
>
>      [echo]   Sane = false
>
>      [echo]   Proceed = true
>

> getstate:
>
> [available] Found:
> java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\services\sanity\SanityState.java
>

> state:
>
> Skipped because property 'needstate' not set.

C:\Dev\Derby\java\tools\org\apache\derby\impl\tools

>       [ant] calling target parser in build file
> C:\Dev\Derby\java\tools\org\apache\derby\impl\tools\build.xml
>
> parsing buildfile
> C:\Dev\Derby\java\tools\org\apache\derby\impl\tools\build.xml with URI =
> file:///C:/Dev/Derby/java/tools/org/apache/derby/impl/tools/build.xml
>
> Project base dir set to:
C:\Dev\Derby\java\tools\org\apache\derby\impl\tools

>  [property] Loading C:\Documents and Settings\davramenko\ant.properties
>
> Override ignored for property sane
>
> Override ignored for property j13lib
>
> Override ignored for property proceed
>
> Override ignored for property j14lib
>
> Override ignored for property properties.dir
>
>  [property] Loading

C:\Dev\Derby\java\tools\org\apache\derby\impl\tools\tools\ant\properties\dirs.properties

>  [property] Unable to find property file:

C:\Dev\Derby\java\tools\org\apache\derby\impl\tools\tools\ant\properties\dirs.properties

>  [property] Loading

C:\Dev\Derby\java\tools\org\apache\derby\impl\tools\tools\ant\properties\defaultcompiler.properties

>  [property] Unable to find property file:

C:\Dev\Derby\java\tools\org\apache\derby\impl\tools\tools\ant\properties\defaultcompiler.properties

>  [property] Loading

C:\Dev\Derby\java\tools\org\apache\derby\impl\tools\tools\ant\properties\modern.properties

>  [property] Unable to find property file:

C:\Dev\Derby\java\tools\org\apache\derby\impl\tools\tools\ant\properties\modern.properties

>  [property] Loading

C:\Dev\Derby\java\tools\org\apache\derby\impl\tools\tools\ant\properties\extrapath.properties

>  [property] Unable to find property file:

C:\Dev\Derby\java\tools\org\apache\derby\impl\tools\tools\ant\properties\extrapath.properties

>  [property] Loading

C:\Dev\Derby\java\tools\org\apache\derby\impl\tools\tools\ant\properties\compilepath.properties

>  [property] Unable to find property file:

C:\Dev\Derby\java\tools\org\apache\derby\impl\tools\tools\ant\properties\compilepath.properties

>       [ant] Entering
> C:\Dev\Derby\java\tools\org\apache\derby\impl\tools\build.xml...
>
> Build sequence for target `parser' is [parser]
>
> Complete build sequence is [parser, compile_tools_impl,
> compile_tools_impl_jdk14, compile, ]
>

> parser:
>
> Project base dir set to:
C:\Dev\Derby\java\tools\org\apache\derby\impl\tools

>       [ant] calling target genParser in build file C:\Dev\Derby\build.xml
>
> parsing buildfile C:\Dev\Derby\build.xml with URI =
> file:///C:/Dev/Derby/build.xml
>
> Project base dir set to:
C:\Dev\Derby\java\tools\org\apache\derby\impl\tools

>  [property] Loading C:\Documents and Settings\davramenko\ant.properties
>
> Override ignored for property sane
>
> Override ignored for property j13lib
>
> Override ignored for property proceed
>
> Override ignored for property j14lib
>
> Override ignored for property properties.dir
>
>  [property] Loading

C:\Dev\Derby\java\tools\org\apache\derby\impl\tools\tools\ant\properties\dirs.properties

>  [property] Unable to find property file:

C:\Dev\Derby\java\tools\org\apache\derby\impl\tools\tools\ant\properties\dirs.properties

>  [property] Loading

C:\Dev\Derby\java\tools\org\apache\derby\impl\tools\tools\ant\properties\sanefalse.properties

>  [property] Unable to find property file:

C:\Dev\Derby\java\tools\org\apache\derby\impl\tools\tools\ant\properties\sanefalse.properties

>  [property] Loading

C:\Dev\Derby\java\tools\org\apache\derby\impl\tools\tools\ant\properties\defaultcompiler.properties

>  [property] Unable to find property file:

C:\Dev\Derby\java\tools\org\apache\derby\impl\tools\tools\ant\properties\defaultcompiler.properties

>  [property] Loading

C:\Dev\Derby\java\tools\org\apache\derby\impl\tools\tools\ant\properties\modern.properties

>  [property] Unable to find property file:

C:\Dev\Derby\java\tools\org\apache\derby\impl\tools\tools\ant\properties\modern.properties

>  [property] Loading

C:\Dev\Derby\java\tools\org\apache\derby\impl\tools\tools\ant\properties\extrapath.properties

>  [property] Unable to find property file:

C:\Dev\Derby\java\tools\org\apache\derby\impl\tools\tools\ant\properties\extrapath.properties

>  [property] Loading

C:\Dev\Derby\java\tools\org\apache\derby\impl\tools\tools\ant\properties\compilepath.properties

>  [property] Unable to find property file:

C:\Dev\Derby\java\tools\org\apache\derby\impl\tools\tools\ant\properties\compilepath.properties

>  [property] Loading

C:\Dev\Derby\java\tools\org\apache\derby\impl\tools\tools\ant\properties\release.properties

> [...]
> cleanversion, clean, cleanstate, cleanparsers, cleancatalog, clobber,
> buildjars, derbyjarwithosgi, ckversioninfo, writeversioninfo,
> versioninfo, derbyjarwithoutosgi, dojjdocs, javadocsubpackages, tools,
> ensuresanitystate, cleandocs, infowriter, class_size_catalog, build,
> buildworld, buildsource, ]
>

> chkparser:
>
>  [uptodate] mtGrammar.jj omitted as
> C:/Dev/Derby/java/tools/org/apache/derby/impl/tools/ij/mtGrammar.java is
> up to date.
>
>  [uptodate] File
> "C:\Dev\Derby\java\tools\org\apache\derby\impl\tools\ij\mtGrammar.java"
> is up-to-date.
>

> genParser:
>
> Skipped because property 'parser.done' set.
>
>       [ant] Exiting C:\Dev\Derby\build.xml.
>
>       [ant] Exiting
> C:\Dev\Derby\java\tools\org\apache\derby\impl\tools\build.xml.

C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\impl\sql

>       [ant] calling target parser in build file
> C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\impl\sql\build.xml
>
> parsing buildfile
> C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\impl\sql\build.xml with URI =
> file:///C:/Dev/Derby/java/engine/org/apache/derby/impl/sql/build.xml
>
> Project base dir set to:
C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\impl\sql

>  [property] Loading C:\Documents and Settings\davramenko\ant.properties
>
> Override ignored for property sane
>
> Override ignored for property j13lib
>
> Override ignored for property proceed
>
> Override ignored for property j14lib
>
> Override ignored for property properties.dir
>
>  [property] Loading

C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\impl\sql\tools\ant\properties\dirs.properties

>  [property] Unable to find property file:

C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\impl\sql\tools\ant\properties\dirs.properties

>  [property] Loading

C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\impl\sql\tools\ant\properties\defaultcompiler.properties

>  [property] Unable to find property file:

C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\impl\sql\tools\ant\properties\defaultcompiler.properties

>  [property] Loading

C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\impl\sql\tools\ant\properties\modern.properties

>  [property] Unable to find property file:

C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\impl\sql\tools\ant\properties\modern.properties

>  [property] Loading

C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\impl\sql\tools\ant\properties\extrapath.properties

>  [property] Unable to find property file:

C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\impl\sql\tools\ant\properties\extrapath.properties

>  [property] Loading

C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\impl\sql\tools\ant\properties\compilepath.properties

>  [property] Unable to find property file:

C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\impl\sql\tools\ant\properties\compilepath.properties

>       [ant] Entering
> C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\impl\sql\build.xml...
>
> Build sequence for target `parser' is [parser]
>
> Complete build sequence is [parser, compile, ]
>

> parser:
>
> Project base dir set to:
C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\impl\sql

>       [ant] calling target genParser in build file C:\Dev\Derby\build.xml
>
> parsing buildfile C:\Dev\Derby\build.xml with URI =
> file:///C:/Dev/Derby/build.xml
>
> Project base dir set to:
C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\impl\sql

>  [property] Loading C:\Documents and Settings\davramenko\ant.properties
>
> Override ignored for property sane
>
> Override ignored for property j13lib
>
> Override ignored for property proceed
>
> Override ignored for property j14lib
>
> Override ignored for property properties.dir
>
>  [property] Loading

C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\impl\sql\tools\ant\properties\dirs.properties

>  [property] Unable to find property file:

C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\impl\sql\tools\ant\properties\dirs.properties

>  [property] Loading

C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\impl\sql\tools\ant\properties\sanefalse.properties

>  [property] Unable to find property file:

C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\impl\sql\tools\ant\properties\sanefalse.properties

>  [property] Loading

C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\impl\sql\tools\ant\properties\defaultcompiler.properties

>  [property] Unable to find property file:

C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\impl\sql\tools\ant\properties\defaultcompiler.properties

>  [property] Loading

C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\impl\sql\tools\ant\properties\modern.properties

>  [property] Unable to find property file:

C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\impl\sql\tools\ant\properties\modern.properties

>  [property] Loading

C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\impl\sql\tools\ant\properties\extrapath.properties

>  [property] Unable to find property file:

C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\impl\sql\tools\ant\properties\extrapath.properties

>  [property] Loading

C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\impl\sql\tools\ant\properties\compilepath.properties

>  [property] Unable to find property file:

C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\impl\sql\tools\ant\properties\compilepath.properties

>  [property] Loading

C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\impl\sql\tools\ant\properties\release.properties

> [...]
>
> Complete build sequence is [engine, ]
>

> engine:
>
> Project base dir set to:
> C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\reference
>
>       [ant] calling target [default] in build file
> C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\reference\build.xml
>
> parsing buildfile
> C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\reference\build.xml with
> URI =
> file:///C:/Dev/Derby/java/engine/org/apache/derby/iapi/reference/build.xml
>
> Project base dir set to:
> C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\reference
>
>  [property] Loading C:\Documents and Settings\davramenko\ant.properties
>
> Override ignored for property sane
>
> Override ignored for property j13lib
>
> Override ignored for property proceed
>
> Override ignored for property j14lib
>
> Override ignored for property properties.dir

C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\reference\tools\ant\properties\dirs.properties

>  [property] Unable to find property file:

C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\reference\tools\ant\properties\dirs.properties

>  [property] Loading

C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\reference\tools\ant\properties\modern.properties

>  [property] Unable to find property file:

C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\reference\tools\ant\properties\modern.properties

>  [property] Loading

C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\reference\tools\ant\properties\extrapath.properties

>  [property] Unable to find property file:

C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\reference\tools\ant\properties\extrapath.properties

>  [property] Loading

C:\Dev\Derby\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\reference\tools\ant\properties\compilepath.properties