db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Edward Rayl <er...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Rowset shortcomings
Date Sun, 05 Sep 2004 01:29:17 GMT
Dan,

> There's probably a good chance that an empty Map object is being passed
> into setTypeMap. One could try modifying the code to accept a type map
> (but do nothing with it) if it is empty, otherwise throw the 'not
> implemented' exception.
>
> This approach has been taken before for methods that are not fully
> supported by accepting a default or no-op value.

In  EmbeddedConnection20.java, I changed:

    public void setTypeMap(java.util.Map map) throws SQLException {
        throw Util.notImplemented();
    }

to:

    public void setTypeMap(java.util.Map map) throws SQLException {
      if ((map != null) || !(map.isEmpty()))
            throw Util.notImplemented();
    }

This changed:

    JdbcRowSet (setTypeMap): Feature not implemented: no details.

    JdbcRowSet (setTypeMap): null

and I still get a SQLException when closing the connection:

    SQL State:   XJ012
    Vendor code: 20000
    Message:     'Connection' already closed.

Sort of a partial victory.

Ed