db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Nate McKie" <nate.mc...@asolutions.com>
Subject RE: Inconsistencies in PreparedStatement.setFloat/setDouble
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2004 20:31:44 GMT

UPDATE: We tried using BigDecimal instead, and it works swimmingly.  The
Java class at the link below contains the new test  we added.

I guess that's our workaround for now.

Thanks,

Nate

-----Original Message-----
From: Nate McKie [mailto:nate.mckie@asolutions.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 2:47 PM
To: 'Derby Discussion'
Subject: RE: Inconsistencies in PreparedStatement.setFloat/setDouble

Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

> Since the code cannot be run...

Now the code CAN be run.  I have posted a new "standalone" Junit test suite
that creates a database and then illustrates the error we're seeing.  You
can find the code here:

	http://demo0.asolutions.com/DecimalStorageConnectionTest.java

All you need to run it is cs.jar and junit.jar in your classpath.  It
creates a database at "C:\cloudscape\test\", so if you're using a
non-Windows OS you'll need to make a change in the "getJDBCURL()" method in
the test class.

It has been suggested to us to use BigDecimal instead of double and float,
so we're going to try that out, but we'd still like to see if there's
someone who is already working on this.  Our next move is to get the code
and try to fix it ourselves.

Thanks,

Nate McKie
Asynchrony Solutions, Inc.