db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Nate McKie" <nate.mc...@asolutions.com>
Subject Inconsistencies in PreparedStatement.setFloat/setDouble
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 21:24:44 GMT

We have found in using Cloudscape/Derby that there are inconsistencies in
the behavior of how floating-point numbers are saved to the database
depending on whether you use PreparedStatement.setFloat or
PreparedStatement.setDouble.  setDouble seems to work better.

These problems are predictable and repeatable, and we've written some Junit
tests to show what happens.  Here's a link to the base code for what we

You can't run this code without the database schema and some helper classes,
but I can assure you that all of these tests pass.

Does anyone know what's going on here, or have any suggestions?  Do I need
to submit this information more formally to get the problem resolved?

Nate McKie
Asynchrony Solutions, Inc.

View raw message