db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Suresh Thalamati <tsur...@Source-Zone.org>
Subject RE:Derby, DB2, & Syntax (Jeff Ramsdale)
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2004 20:29:36 GMT

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/library/techarticle/dm-0408cline/
 > that Cloudscape was made to be (mostly?) syntax
 > compatible with DB2 and wanted to verify that's the
 > case with Derby.
 >
 > My DB2 test database is populated by a set of SQL
 > scripts as well as a set of IXF files. Previously I
 > tried converting the scripts to HSQLDB's SQL syntax
 > and using that tool for testing, but the syntax was
 > different enough to cause trouble. In addition I
 > couldn't find a way to read the DB2 IXF files in
 > without writing a custom import tool.
 >
 > So, I'm checking out Derby hoping it'll fit the bill
 > where HSQLDB didn't. Several questions, then...
 > 1) Is there a tool for loading data into Derby from
 > IXF files?

Data from files in IXF format can not be exported into Derby.  Derby
currently supports loading from
Delimited file format (DEL).  If you can export data from DB2 using DB2
export utility in  DEL format,
you will be able to load into derby using import system procedures.

Following link has some information about Derby import/export system
procedures:
http://incubator.apache.org/derby/manuals/tools/tools89.html#HDRSII-IMPORT-12925

-suresh