db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Schatten <ala...@gmx.at>
Subject Derby/Cloudscape GUI??
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 22:05:02 GMT
I was very curious about the open source release of Cloudscape, but the
first glance makes me very disappointed.

Actually, as far as I remember, one great strength of Cloudscape was (at
least years ago) its excellent graphical user interface, this seems to
be missing completly??

In the current form, I wonder, what is precisely the advantage of
Cloudscape compared to e.g., hsqldb? For a larger production site I
would use PostgreSQL, for smaller sites or embedded user, hsqldb seems
to be far smarter and more interesting.

do I see something wrong?

particularly I am wondering, where the GUI was lost???

thank you!

Alex