db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Rick Cook (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Closed] (DERBY-7043) DROP SCHEMA results in ERROR XSAI2
Date Fri, 03 May 2019 19:09:00 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-7043?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Rick Cook closed DERBY-7043.
----------------------------
    Resolution: Workaround

Oldest Derby backup we had was from 8/8/2018, and did not contain the c400.dat file.   
Do not know how or when the c400.dat file was deleted from seg0 directory.   A missing c400.dat
file never created a problem with application software--just when I wanted to drop a unused
schema.

Workaround:

1) Re-downloaded Derby version 10.8.2.2.

2) Created a new database

3) Restored c400.dat from that new database to my other Derby database.

> DROP SCHEMA results in ERROR XSAI2
> ----------------------------------
>
>                 Key: DERBY-7043
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-7043
>             Project: Derby
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: SQL
>    Affects Versions: 10.8.2.2
>         Environment: OS/400
>            Reporter: Rick Cook
>            Priority: Minor
>
> DROP SCHEMA schemaname RESTRICT results in:
>     *{color:#d04437}ERROR XSAI2: The conglomerate (1,024) requested does not exist.{color}*
> Prior to DROP SCHEMA, I did drop all tables in that schema.
> I realize that 1,024 conglomerate number translates into c400.dat file in Derby seq0
directory, and that c400.dat file is indeed missing, and I neither know why nor for how long.
> I ran consistency checks on database using SQL commands from [https://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DatabaseConsistencyCheck] to
find the bad table(s):
>     *{color:#14892c}I isolated the 1,024 conglomerate error to the SYS.SYSSEQUENCES
table.{color}*
> And I used the following SQL to identify the conglomerate name:  {color:#654982}*SYSSEQUENCES_HEAP*{color}
> SELECT C.CONGLOMERATENUMBER, C.CONGLOMERATENAME, S.SCHEMANAME  FROM SYS.SYSCONGLOMERATES
C, sys.sysschemas s  WHERE CONGLOMERATENUMBER = 1024 AND s.schemaid = C.schemaid
> In fact, I cannot even SQL SELECT on SYS.SYSSEQUENCES table without getting the same
conglomerate error as the DROP SCHEMA schemaname RESTRICT command.
> In other words, I cannot DROP SCHEMA schemaname RESTRICT until SYS.SYSSEQUENCES corruption
is resolved.
> I was wondering if anyone knew how to resolve this easily with either SQL command(s)
or any UNIX style java commands.
> P.S.  Keep in mind, that I am not an IJ expert, as I have been using a simple front-end
Derby tool created by our manufacturer to run SQL statements on Derby DB, without all the
complexity of using IJ and setting up IJ with environment variables, classpaths, etc.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v7.6.3#76005)

Mime
View raw message