db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: release announcement text for 10.15.1.3
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2019 16:04:31 GMT
This is very good.

The only suggestion I can think of is that perhaps we should have a
single sentence mentioning that this release works with Java 9, 10,
and 11 (or perhaps say "Java 9+"?)

Actually the whole Java versioning thing is kinda strange nowadays,
with the new numbering scheme. I notice that if you go to
https://www.oracle.com/java/java9.html you see this fancy web page
"Introducing Java SE 9" with a button that says "Download Java SE 9
today". And then if you click that button it takes you to a place to
download Java 11.

So maybe we shouldn't even mention Java 9, since it's so 2017 at this point?

bryan