db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@gmail.com>
Subject release announcement text for 10.15.1.3
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2019 15:54:37 GMT
Here is a first rev of a release announcement. Please let me know how I
can improve this. Thanks!

----------------------------

The Apache Derby project is pleased to announce feature release 10.15.1.3.

Apache Derby is a sub-project of the Apache DB project. Derby is a pure
Java relational database engine which conforms to the ISO/ANSI SQL and
JDBC standards. Derby aims to be easy for developers and end-users to
work with.

Derby 10.15.1.3 can be obtained from the Derby download site:

    http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html.

Derby 10.15.1.3 contains the following new feature:

     * JPMS modularization - Derby has been re-packaged as a set of JPMS
modules. This introduced a new jar file, derbyshared.jar, required by
all configurations. Module diagrams for Derby configurations can be
found in the javadoc for the 10.15 public API.

In addition, Derby 10.15.1.3 contains bug and documentation fixes.

Please try out this new release.